Monday 23 May 2016

Bad Hair Days

An Introduction

When starting a blog one normally introduces one's self, perhaps gives a reason or two for starting their new blog and maybe adds a few pictures so the internet can get a better idea of what kind of blog they're dealing with this time. And don't forget to kick off the blog with a schedule of the blog updates so the internet knows when not to go away on vacation, in order to commit to this fantastic new blog. 

I obviously do not know how to begin.

I wanted to start this blog because I have just hit the three week mark of being in nothing else but my pajamas. I have not left the house, I have remained in my pajamas for three weeks. Jeez Louise. I have glandular fever and tonsillitis which is so nasty and ended me in hospital for a while (like two hours, but it sounds more impressive and dramatic if you just say "a while") The reason for this trip to the ER being that apparently Amoxycillin and glandular viruses do not like each other and will give you a gross rash. Also I am allergic to Penicillin. I was also told that I could end up with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which to me sounds like a year of frustrating tiredness, sore throats and pajamas. I wanted to look on the bright side of spending a year or more in my pajamas, so I started this blog about all the good things about staying in, and sleeping in.

Who Am I?

I should better introduce myself. My name is Vienna. I love to write, and my English Professors love me (that is a lie, I can write my blog for myself but I cannot write an assignment for them). I love Paris, good coffee, soft slippers and cozy pajamas. I have a board on Pinterest (Link will be down below) entirely of pajamas, linen, and Saturday mornings. I love sleeping in, classic books and 1920's Jazz more than anything. 

Today is a Tuesday, it is currently 10:20am and I have started this blog totally on impulse which is absolutely a key element that makes up my personality; impulse. 
I make impulsive (and often regrettable) decisions all the time. Like when I go to the supermarket for Soy milk and Almonds but I see espresso chocolate on sale, or suspicious looking tea for only $1.20. I simply have to have it. But my worst temptation is hairdressers. I can't walk past them! I am the most impulsive hair changer in the world. Quote my sister who says "If you don't like Vienna's hair, just wait five seconds." Let me run you through every hair style I have had over the past three years and you'll understand.

Writing about my Hair instead of something Interesting.

1. The long beachy waves. I had this look for roughly three months, a natural, long "I just went surfing" look to perfectly suit any Summer outfit or bathing suit although the beaches in Tasmania are scarce and I do not surf.

2. Then I watched "The Great Gatsby" (oh boy) I lost a good forty centimeters of my hair to be as cute as Daisy from the 1920's. I still like this one looking back but it was not thought through well enough to prepare me for the shock of waking up the next day and realizing what I had done.

3.  Okay, this next one literally haunts me and reduces me to the worst cringe attacks. I went through an "Emo phase" (ew) I had a side fringe that covered one eye at all times and everyday I straightened the living daylights out of my hair. To this day the smell of frying hair and hairspray haunts me. It was just so awful so let's never mention it again.

4. The "Cute Parisian Bangs." I had a box fringe! I kid you not I walked by the hairdresser, then took a few steps back to have a look, and BAM I had the idea and that's all it took I handed them my money and walked out with an adorable box fringe. I have to say I really enjoyed this hairstyle and would definitely get it back but, I get the worst bed hair ever and having hair sticking straight up in front of my face was not a cute parisian look let me tell you. So it didn't last long and I grew it out pretty quickly. 

5. Wild hair phase. So this is the phase where I just let it go for a while. I let my hair grow out and do whatever it wanted and it was a mess. That is all I am going to say.

6. The Blonde Highlights. So you know how they say "You'll never be happy with your first highlights"? Allow me to testify to this as the truth. I was so excited to get my first highlights, it was the first time I had ever coloured my hair. I walked out of that hairdressing salon looking like a bumble-bee and that does not mean it looked cute because it did not. I have naturally dark hair, very dark. I walked out of that salon with my very dark hair and then random chunks of straight up yellow here and there. Not cute.

7.The little Mermaid. Yes I used box-dyes to make myself look like I had lit my own hair on fire. It was crazy bright red and here is something I have noticed. I have noticed that most girls in highschool actually dye their hair this dark red colour. I have come to learn that this is for two reasons. The first being their hair is the only thing that their mother will allow them to drastically change about their appearance until they turn eighteen and no longer have their parents telling them that they can't get that nose piercing. The second being that therapy can be expensive, but that box dye is on sale for $2.50. Red hair dye is easy, it takes to any natural hair colour and washes out the fastest. Of course every rebelious teenage girl is gonna smother it in her hair.

8. Think "Twiggy." Twiggy was the world's most renowned model of the sixties. Her short "not quite pixie cut" and big painted lashes were a statement on their own and she was my new inspiration. So there went about another forty centimetres of my hair in hopes that I would be as cute as Twiggy. It worked by the way I was freaking adorable. There was actually two days of planning for this haircut and no, I did not tell my Mum I was going to do it hence why she just about fell over at the sight of it.

9. Ponytail jealousy. I wanted my long hair back, so I grew out my hair again for about two months until...

10. The committed pixie cut. I did the shave. I had the cutest and easiest to manage pixie cut and loved it. I don't know what made me want to do it but I think I totally owned it. 

11. The accidental mullet. Growing out pixie cuts is hard. Enough said I'll just leave it to your imagination. (ugh)

12. More odd highlights. Oh dear.

13.BLONDE. I am now blonde. I have shoulder length-ish blonde hair! and I'm pretty happy with it. It's an easy to manage style and I may always look like I literally just woke up but apparently that's cute and I'm ok with that.

You made it through my first post!

So now you've been run through my adventures of impulsive hairstyle decisions! This is a pretty odd first blog post that doesn't even have pictures but I can assure you this blog will soon be full of cute pajamas, fresh linen, and the best coffee and breakfasts. This blog will become your bestest sleepover buddy in a not weird way. I hope to update it Every Saturday or whenever I have a day off!

So get in your pjs, put on some jazz and grab your favourite pillow, you'll be getting nothing else but chilled out, warm fuzzy vibes from this space! 

Vienna x 

Check out my Pinterest Board!
https://au.pinterest.com/viennamarkham/saturday/

No comments:

Post a Comment