Friday 15 November 2019

Mellow Yellow

Songs for a rainy Sunday.

"Vienna, WHERE have you BEEN and HOW have you managed to neglect your blog AGAIN!?" I hear you say? 

This is what has happened since we last talked. 

  • I attended a whole Term on Campus
  • I attended two weddings
  • I attended my brother's 18th 
  • I got a "D" on a poorly written assignment
  • I got an "A" on my latest assignment (special thanks to google)
  • I consumed God knows how much coffee
  • I consumed God knows how much mexican food
  • I created a bunch of paintings
  • I created a bunch of songs
  • I learned to cook (sort of)
  • I learned to sew
  • I now know that thimbles are in fact very important
  • I started discipleship training
  • I started reading my Bible
  • I sang my heart out
  • I built a good relationship with my family
  • I built a good relationship with my friends
  • I broke a bad relationship with another friend
  • I broke a couple of wine glasses (sorry Ma)
  • I fell off my skateboard 
  • I watched a lot of Marvel Movies 
  • I watched a lot of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air 
  • I accidently kicked my dog in the face
I can't think of anything else I have done because I am a bed dweller, a blanket being, I am one with the sheets and productivity is like a foreign language to me.

You might be thinking "That's a rather boring list with a couple of strange/cheesy things thrown in there."
You might also be thinking "That's not much," to which I say you are absolutely correct I literally just said that pay attention.

Happily reminiscing.

These are things I remembered whilst having a "mellow moment." 
You know, those moments when you reminisce on your small achievements and favourite memories whilst listening to some calming and thought-provoking tunes and it's a rainy Sunday and you stumble across your old bog and you think, "I just want to write something,literally anything," because you just want to write.

Just wanted to write.

I have pretty sad looking grades for my latest studying endeavors, (because I'm the worst with assignments and accountability) but I do love to write on my own terms. I just wanted to write to you and feel like I once felt when I first started this blog.
When I started this blog I was wrapped up in my blanket surrounded by scrunched up tissues with a hot, aromatic coffee hugged tightly in my hands and some wild looking bed-hair. This blog is my comfy pillow, my blanket fort and my cup of tea. It is like giving myself a hug, it enforces my inner sweetness and gentleness to come out and socialize and I think that is some seriously healthy self-care.

Back to reality.

I've been back at it lately, socializing, work, sketching. since I last wrote I've been happy and content. The music I listen to is sweet and my sketches are typically of embracing couples these days. I'm simply happy :)

The happiest moment.

My favorite moment that happened since I last wrote is a recent one, a particular Sunday (Sunday is when all the best things happen, or Friday nights.) It was a good day; I went for a walk in the rain, wearing the jacket of my favorite company and said to them some permanent words that, quite honestly, I don't actually want to take back. I'm just glad they are returned every day :)
If you happen to be slightly confused by what I mean, I have my dearest partner whom I love very much and who shall not be named as a benefit for your own imaginations, and the disclosure of our private-ish relationship.


Dear little ones.

For those of you who do not know what I do for work, I am a child-care worker. I look after little children and feed their imaginative minds with good books and songs and I love it. I adore the children I get the privilege of working with. Their favorite books currently are "The Hungry Caterpillar" (a classic) and "The Gruffalo's Child" (an adorable must-read.) They are also really loving the "Alphabet Song" and "You are my Sunshine." Work is wonderful and wholesome, I am learning everyday and my heart is full. 

A personal post.

This post is more personal than any of my others. I'm not exactly expecting anyone to read it, I just wanted to write it down! It's really just a rambling on of my thoughts and feelings I guess! 

Apologies for not giving you the witty and funny blog post you might have been expecting! Maybe I'll write one of those later. 

Love you all!

Vienna xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment